On the Contact Profile you will find a section called Relationship. It looks like this:
VIDEO: How to organize your contacts in Cloze with Stages, Segments and Steps.
You can use this section to classify your contacts by Stage...
- Lead (formerly known as Not Yet Qualified)
..and by Segment. By default we include both Business and Personal Segments:
- Customers - People you sell to or deliver services to
- Partners - People that help you sell, deliver services, or run your organization
- Suppliers - Companies that you buy from
- Investors - People that invest in you or your organization
- Advisers - People that advise, counsel or mentor you
- Competitors - People that you compete against
- Coworkers - People that work in your organization
- Custom - Custom type of relationship
- Family - Your family and relatives
- Friends - Your friends and acquaintances
- Connections - People in your network
- Personal Custom - Personal custom type of relationship
...And Custom Fields. Each Segment can have its own set of custom fields. By default we include:
- Type - Organize customers into your own sub categories.
- Role - Role of a person in their business.
- Department - Department the person works in or reports to.
- Lead Source - Keep track of where a customer came from.
- Custom - add additional custom fields by Segment
Click here to learn more about adding Custom Fields to People and Companies.
Using Custom Fields to Sub-Segment Clients
TIP: Cloze offers five custom Segments that you can use for other types of Relationships (please see below), however if you may want to use Custom Fields to sub-segment your types of Customers or Clients.
For example, you may have several products lines or services you offer or industries or roles of people you serve as clients — these are all clients, but using the “Type" Custom Field to further classify them helps keep them organized under one primary Segment — Customers/Clients.
If you have the same set of Next Steps for all types of Clients or Customers it is highly recommended to use a Custom Field to sub-segment rather than using the custom Segments for each type.
In the above example the contact is classified as an Active Customer. In the example below we are going to change the label from "Customer" to "Client".
In the Cloze Pro Settings section you can customize the relationship type labels that are displayed in Cloze. There are several default and custom labels that can be changed to suit your needs.
1.) Tap on More (...) in the lower right of your screen on mobile (iOS/Android) and lower left on cloze.com.
2.) Tap on Settings
3.) Tap on Customize to expand the section.