Yes! You can import contacts using a CSV (comma separated value - .csv files following Outlook's export format) file.
You can import your contacts and assign relationship types and lists at the same time:
- A “Stage" sets if the contact is… Lead, Potential, Active, Inactive or Lost.
- A "Segment" sets who the person is to you. For example, a customer, a partner, a supplier, an adviser, or any number of customizable segments.
- "Steps" are optional. In settings you can add Steps to help you keep track of what you've done and what you have left to do for each type of relationship. Think of Steps as a repeatable check list that you can use for each combination of Stage and Segment.
Note: A Person can only be set to ONE Stage, Segment and Step (they can't be in multiple Segments - so not a "client" and a "partner").
- Lists can cut across multiple Segments. For example if you have a Newsletter that goes to many different Segments it is common to use a Cloze List to organize the recipients. When you tap on the funnel icon at the top of your screen you'll also see any custom Lists available for narrowing your search results. Lists are also private and not shareable with your team on Cloze. You can also use Lists for sending emails to groups of people.
- Keywords are like tags and allow you organize people, projects deals or companies. Keywords are helpful when you are trying to organize your contacts across many traits or characteristics and what to share this organization with your team on Cloze. Please read more about importing keywords here.
- Custom Fields are available in all Stages of a single Segment. Examples include Type, Role, Department, Lead Source and any other you create. Cloze offers custom fields to help your further classify your People, Companies and Projects (or Deals). When enabled, custom fields appear in the Relationship section for People and Companies and in the Project (or Deal) Status section.
Custom Fields are also shared with your team members if you are using Cloze Business.
Please read more about Custom Fields here.
1.) Before you import your contacts you'll need to prepare your CSV spreadsheet.
In this example below the spreadsheet has three column headings that need to be mapped to the equivalent name in Cloze before this CSV file can be imported. You will need to check and change if necessary each column of your original file to make sure it matches the appropriate import field in Cloze.
2.) Now you can add new columns for Stage, Segment, Next Step, Keywords and List.
Add new columns to your spreadsheet to accommodate your keywords. You can add up to keyword 20 columns.
Add a new column to your spreadsheet called List.
- To Add contacts to an Existing List - In this column enter the name of your List exactly as it appears in Cloze.
- To Add contact to a New List - If it is a new List, the name you enter in these rows will be used for the new List name in Cloze.
3.) Now you are ready to upload your file. Tap on More (...) in the lower left of your screen on cloze.com.
4.) Tap on Settings
5.) Scroll down to Import Contacts and click to expand the section.
Click on the Add Files button to navigate the file you wish to import.
6.) Then click on the Start Import button to import your contacts.