Below you will find common questions and answers you may have while getting started with Cloze. We also offer a weekly webinar series that covers a range of topics to help you get started.
- Where do I sign-up for Cloze?
- How do I create an account?
- How do I connect my email and other accounts?
- How do I connect an additional email account to Cloze?
- What can I connect to Cloze?
- Do you offer training Classes?
- What features should I try?
- How do I organize my contacts?
- On your phone, you can download the Cloze app from either the App Store or Play Store (Search for “Cloze Relationship Management” to find the app).
- On your desktop, go to cloze.com in your web browser
- Sign-up on cloze.com, OR
- Sign-up directly in the mobile app, OR
- If you are part of an organization that is rolling out Cloze you will receive an email invitation to join Cloze. Accept this invitation and this will bring you to Cloze so you can create your account.
- Tap on the Sign Up button
- Enter your email address and a password you want to use for your Cloze account, tap Sign up with Email, and confirm.
- While you are signing up you can select which email account you want to connect to Cloze.
- It’s best the first connect the one that has most of your client communication (but you can connect more than one).
- Don’t worry – all of your information is kept safe and private (only you will ever see it).
- On the next screen, you can connect other accounts.
- Cloze can even import your call history, so you never need to manually log calls.
- Tap on More > Settings > Connected Accounts
- Tap on the Add button and select the service you would like to connect.
Cloze supports Gmail, G Suite, iCloud, Microsoft Exchange, Office 365 email, Outlook.com, Yahoo!, AOL and any email service that supports IMAP. To connect your email accounts please follow the instructions below.
You can send, receive and reply to email from Cloze. Or if you would like you can use your own email app -- in either case Cloze will automatically keep track of your email conversations for you.
When you send an email from Cloze you are sending it through your email provider just like if you were using Mac Mail or Outlook or your iPhone or Android mail app.
In the Connected Accounts Settings section you can control the calendars that are displayed in Cloze.
Cloze currently supports Google Calendar, Microsoft Exchange Calendar, Office 365 Calendar, iCloud Calendar and Yahoo! Calendars - with more types of calendars coming soon.
For these calendar services you will need to connect your email first and then will see your meetings on the Cloze Agenda and contact profiles.
Cloze automatically creates contacts from your interactions on emails and meetings. When you connect your accounts Cloze will import your Google Contacts, Exchange Contacts and Office 365 contacts too.
Cloze automatically shows the calls you make and receive in your contact history, so you know every call you've made to anyone.
- AT&T: Connect AT&T to Cloze
- Verizon: Connect Verizon to Cloze
- T-Mobile: Connect T-Mobile to Cloze
- Sprint: Connect Sprint to Cloze
- RingCentral: Connect RingCentral to Cloze
- Android Phones: Connect your Android phone (log your call and SMS history directly from your device) .
You will see your files in the Person, Company or Project (or Deal or Property) tab called Files.
- a Person (the combination of their First Name and Last Name)
- a Company name
- a Project or Deal name (Note: Project or Deal names must be two words or longer)
- Dropbox: Connect Dropbox to Cloze
- Google Drive: Connect Google Drive and Google Docs to Cloze
- Microsoft OneDrive: Connect OneDrive and Office.com to Cloze
- dotloop: Connect dotloop to Cloze
Connect Evernote or OneNote to Cloze and all of your notes are linked into your contacts' history. Evernote and OneNote are built into Cloze so you can easily log call notes, meeting notes, and save emails and attachments.
- Slack - Connect Slack to Cloze to see your Slack messages in the Timeline view of a Person, Company, Project, Deal. Learn More.
- RingCentral - Connect RingCentral and your calls and text messages are automatically logged in Cloze. Learn More.
- Android Text Messages - For Android devices, Cloze can log your call and SMS history directly from your Android phone. Learn more.
For each social network Cloze supports:
- Twitter: See any timeline, your direct messages and people you follow. Post tweets.
- Facebook: See and post to your any Facebook Pages you administer.
- LinkedIn: See and post to any LinkedIn company page you administer. You can also manually import your LinkedIn contacts.
Marketing and other apps
- Mailchimp: Connect Mailchimp to Cloze
- ActivePipe: Connect ActivePipe to Cloze
- Rezora: Connnect Rezora to Cloze
- Spacio: Connect Spacio to Cloze
- dotloop: Connect dotloop to Cloze
We offer weekly web training classes to help you get started with Cloze. Features, Tips and Office Hours
- Getting Started with Cloze [Register Here]
- Tips for Organizing Contacts in Cloze [Register Here]
- Deep Dive on Cloze Mail Features [Register Here]
- Cloze Office Hours – Live Q&A [Register Here]
Real Estate Industry Focused
- Getting Started with Cloze for Real Estate [Register Here]
- Increasing Referrals and Repeat Clients with Cloze [Register Here]
- Never Let a Lead Slip Through the Cracks with Cloze [Register Here]
- Managing Real Estate Transactions in Cloze [Register Here]
- Tap on More > Settings > Mail Settings
- In the Greeting and Signatures section you can customize an email signature for each email account you have connected to Cloze.
How do I Import my mobile device contacts?
Cloze can connect to your iPhone, Android, iPad or tablet contacts and import them into Cloze. Once connected new or updated contact information will continuously sync into Cloze.
- Open the Cloze app on your iPhone or Android
- Tap on More > Settings > Contact Sync
- Toggle on Sync iPhone (or Android) contacts to Cloze
Here are a few features to explore as you get started with Cloze.
- The Cloze Agenda - The Cloze Agenda is where you will start your day and check periodically to stay on track and get things done.
- Mail Merge - Email multiple people at once with a personalized message for each recipient.
- Email open and link-click tracking - Know when a recipient opens your email or clicks on any link in your email.
- Email templates - With Cloze's email templates, you'll never have to copy and paste the same message over and over again.
- Anniversary reminders - Recurring anniversary reminders are a great way to keep track of the import dates about you clients.
- Birthday reminders - Cloze will automatically display birthday reminders on the Agenda so you can quickly reach out.
Cloze will create a contact profile for every person and company you know from the accounts you connect. When you get started we recommend organizing the people and companies you are currently working with using the options provided in the Relationship section.
Below is some background context on how to think through organizing your contacts in Cloze.
Watch a Video or Attend a Webinar
- Watch a quick video ➜ Click here to watch a short video
- Attend a Weekly Webinar ➜ Tips for Organizing Contacts in Cloze
- Watch a Webinar Replay ➜ Click to watch a webinar Replay
Stages, Segments and Next Steps
When you tap on a contact you’ll find a section within the profile called “Relationship”.
Relationships can be organized by Stages, Segments, Next Steps and Custom Fields. On your phone, tap on About to see the Relationship section. On cloze.com look for it on the right side of the screen.
TIP ➜ Please note that if you are part of an organization that is using Cloze your account will already be configured with custom Business Segments, Next Steps and Custom Fields.
We also offer Tags.
- Tags allow you organize People, Companies, and Deals beyond their client journey
- You can add as many tags as you would like
- They are helpful when you are trying to organize People or Companies that span different Segments
- For example, the tag “holiday-card” can be applied to people with the Segment Buyer, Seller or Family
- Track common interests across your clients (e.g. dog lovers, gardening, travel, cooking, hiking etc..)
When to Use Stages and Segments
Stages and Segments tell you who the person is to you and where they are on their client journey with you.
They are used to help you track your workflow with your customers and clients.
What are Next Steps
Each Stage and Segment includes Next Steps so you can embed your process into Cloze.
Next Steps are an extension of the higher level Stages—they should mirror your workflow and all of the things you need to get done to move to the next Stage.
Think of Next Steps as repeatable check lists that you can write once and reuse. In sales you may refer to the combination of Stages and Next Steps as your "pipeline" or "sales funnel". In Projects you will track all of the Steps to "win" your engagement (move from Potential to Active) and then track all of your steps to deliver the project or service.
Or, for example, in real estate you might use steps to track all of the things you need to do to help a client buy a home or sell a home.
Each Next Step can have it own reminder and email template associated with it too.
When to Use Tags
Stages, Segment and Next Steps are a great way to track your process. You can easily embed your workflow so you know exactly where a person is on their journey to becoming your client.
Because Stages and Next Steps will change as you work with a client we also offer Tags. Tags help you organize contacts regardless of where they are on their client journey with you.
Tags are designed for organizing across Segments. For example you may want to track all of the people you met at a specific networking event. A Tag can be applied to find everyone regardless of whether they are a potential client, an existing client or a partner.
Or for example you may want to organize everyone you wish to send a holiday card. A Tag can be applied to you can quickly find and create your holiday card list.
A “Stage" sets if the contact is… Lead, Potential, Active, Lost or Inactive.
As you make progress you will move from Lead to Potential to Active to Inactive. Stages work in tandem with Segments. Each Segment has five Stage options:
- Inactive (or Past)
Depending on your configuration you may also see these Stages:
- In Contract
A "Segment" sets who the person is to you. For example, a Customer, a Partner, a Supplier, an Adviser, or any number of customizable segments.
- Customers - People you sell to or deliver services to
- Buyer - People that are purchasing a property (found in our Real Estate setup)
- Seller - People that are selling their property (found in our Real Estate setup)
- Partners - People that help you sell, deliver services, or run your organization
- Suppliers - Companies that you buy from
- Investors - People that invest in you or your organization
- Advisers - People that advise, counsel or mentor you
- Competitors - People that you compete against
- Coworkers - People that work in your organization
- Business Custom - Custom type of relationship
- Family - Your family and relatives
- Friends - Your friends and acquaintances
- Connections - People in your network
- Personal Custom - Personal custom type of relationship
For example, your leads would be classified as the Stage "Leads" and Segment "Customers".
The Customers you are actively working with now would be classified as "Active Customers".
Learn More about Stages and Segments:
"Next Steps" are optional, but highly recommended as they help you stay on track and focus on what needs to be done next.
In settings you can add Next Steps to help you keep track of what you've done and what you have left to do for each type of relationship. Think of Next Steps as a repeatable check list that you can use for each combination of Stage and Segment. Each Next Step can also have a customized reminder and email template.
Here are step-by-step instruction to setup Next Steps.
Note: A Person can only be set to ONE Stage, Segment and Step (they can't be in multiple Segments at the same time - so not classified as a "Client" and a "Partner"). We recommend setting the primary business relationship. Please see Custom Fields below for setting sub-types.
Tags (formerly known as keywords) are like labels that allow you to organize People, Companies, Projects and Deals. Tags are helpful when you are trying to organize your contacts across many traits or characteristics and want to share this organization with your team on Cloze.
Learn more about Tags:
- Create a Tag
- Add Tags to multiple contacts at once
- Add Tags to multiple Deals or Projects at once
- Search by contact Tags (enter #tagname)
- Import contacts and add Tags
- Export my contacts and filter by Tags
Custom Fields are available in all Stages of a single Segment or can be limited to specific Stages or specific Segments. Examples include Type, Role, Department, Lead Source and any other you create. Cloze offers custom fields to help your further classify your People, Companies and Projects (or Deals). When enabled, Custom Fields appear below the Relationship section for People and Companies and below the Project (or Deal) Status section. You can also organize your Custom Fields into Custom Sections.
Custom Fields are also shared with your team members if you are using Cloze Business.
There are several different types of Custom Fields that you can use to tailor the profile for People, Companies, Projects and Deals.
- Text - Any type of text may be entered. A common example would be an account ID.
- Pick List (one) - Pick one field value from a list
- Pick List (many) - Pick multiple field values from a list
- Date - Set a date (no time)
- Round Number - Enter a number with no fraction (e.g. 1,000)
- Decimal Number - Enter a number with fraction (e.g. 1,000.25)
- Currency - Enter a currency value (e.g. $1,000)
Learn more about Custom Fields:
- Add a Custom Field to a contact
- Add a Custom Field to a Project or Deal
- Add a Section to group your Custom Fields
- Set a Custom Field to appear in a specific Segment
- Set a Custom Field to appear in a specific Stage
- Add a Reference Custom Field
- Set the Segments in which pick list values will appear
- Add a Custom Field value to multiple contacts at once
- Add a Custom Field value to multiple Deals or Projects at once
- Add Custom Fields to contacts you import via CSV spreadsheet