Beyond using custom Segments and Next Steps you can also add Custom Fields to your Projects and Deals. Custom Fields are especially helpful if you have a common Deal or Project process, but would like to easily sub-segment them by product line, service, or any other custom classification.
Cloze includes default Custom Fields that you can enable like Type, Forecast and Lead Source -- you can also add as many others as needed. Please see below for instructions how to enable and add Custom Fields.
Once enabled you will see your Custom Fields in the Status section. The Status looks like this:
You can use this section to classify your Projects and Deals by Stage...
- Active (the Active Stage is optional. If you don't need to track an "Active" delivery stage you can switch to "Potential" → "Won → "Lost".)
- Done (or Won)
- Deal (or Project, Case, Sale, Ask etc... This label is customized during your initial setup. You can change the label in Settings.)
- Custom - Custom Segment
...And Custom Fields. Each Segment can have its own set of custom fields. By default we include:
- Type - Organize your Deals (or Projects) into your own sub categories.
- Forecast - Show whether a Deal (or Project) is in the current forecast.
- Lead Source - Keep track of where a customer came from.
- Custom - add additional custom fields by Deal (or Project) Segment
- Custom Sections - Custom Fields can be organized into Sections.
Cloze supports several different types of Custom Fields that you can use to tailor the profile for People, Companies, Projects and Deals.
- Text - Any type of text may be entered. A common example would be an account ID.
- Pick List (one) - Pick one field value from a list
- Pick List (many) - Pick multiple field values from a list
- Date - Set a date (no time)
- Round Number - Enter a number with no fraction (e.g. 1,000)
- Decimal Number - Enter a number with fraction (e.g. 1,000.25)
- Currency - Enter a currency value (e.g. $1,000)
Here are step-by-step instructions on how to create a new Custom Field and select a data type.
1.) Tap on More (...) in the lower right of your screen on mobile (iOS/Android) and lower left on cloze.com.
2.) Tap on Settings
3.) Scroll down to the Customizations section and tap on Custom Fields to expand the section.
4.) Tap on the gear icon next to the section where you wish to add Custom Fields. You can create and edit Custom Fields for People, Companies, and Projects (or Deals, Cases, Sales etc...)
5.) Along the top of the screen tap on the Add button and then select Field.
6.) Then name your field and select and select the Data Type from the dropdown.
In this example we are creating a new field called "Quantity" with a "Round Number". This field will contain only numbers so the Round Number Data Type is best (e.g., 1,000).
7.) Select the Cloze tab where you would like your new field to appear.
In this example the "Quantity" field will appear on Deals in the Deal tab, but not appear on profiles in the People and Companies tabs. Tap on Company, People or Deals (or Projects, Cases, Sales etc...) to make your selection.
8.) Next you can select the Segments and Stages where you would like your new Custom Field to appear. Tap on the funnel icon to make your selection.
9.) Tap on Save when you are done.