Platinum Feature: The Matching Engine feature is available with the Cloze Business Platinum Plan.
The Cloze Matching Engine is used to find people that match criteria for things you are brokering. Typically these are things like real estate, jobs, cars, yachts, and fund-raising campaigns.
Pick List Custom Fields are used for matching
Pick List Custom Fields are used to show which People are a match to a Listing (Property, Job, Car, Yacht, Campaign, etc.) and vice-versa.
In Cloze you will label the Projects/Deals section of Cloze with the name of the thing you are brokering.
You may want to create several pick list Custom Fields and then organize them into sections.
Example: Real Estate
For example in Real Estate you will use the label "Properties" or "Listing" for the properties you are representing. You will then create pick list Custom Fields that will be used to match potential buyers to the property.
The property can have several pick list Custom Fields like:
- Property Type
- Price Range
- Size Range
The Matching Engine will then display potential people (Buyers) that have the same corresponding pick list values set in their profile in Cloze.
Similarly the same Custom Fields will be used to set potential buyers' preferences.
For example a Buyer is looking for a single family home, 3 bedrooms, 2 baths and has a budget of up to $750,000. Their profile would like:
When viewing a person you will see all of the properties that match their criteria and when viewing a Property you will see all of the people who's criteria mach the property.
Creating Matching Custom Fields
Here are step-by-step instructions on how to create a new Custom Field and select a data type.
1.) Tap on More (...) in the lower right of your screen on mobile (iOS/Android) and lower left on cloze.com.
2.) Tap on Settings
3.) Scroll down to the Customizations section and tap on Custom Fields to expand the section.
4.) Tap on the gear icon next to the section where you wish to add Custom Fields. You can create and edit Custom Fields for People, Companies, and Projects (or Deals, Cases, Sales etc...)
5.) Along the top of the screen tap on the Add button and then select Field.
6.) Then name your field and select and select the Data Type from the dropdown.
In this example we have selected "Pick List (many)" for a new field called "Bedrooms".
7.) Select People and Properties (or the custom label of your choice).
In this example the "Bedrooms" field will appear on profiles in the People and Properties tabs, but not appear on in the Companies tab.
Tap on People and Properties (or Property, Job, Car, Yacht, Campaign, etc.) to make your selection.
8.) Toggle on Matching and set the various options.
Toggle on or off "Match when only one side has a value".
- Toggle off or things like Price and bedrooms where buyers likely have fixed criteria.
- When toggled off this creates an exact match and this criteria must be met to return a match, even if other values on the profile match.
- For example, if a property matched the number of bedrooms, square feet range and location set on a profile, but didn't match the price range then the property would NOT be considered a match.
- Toggle on for things like property features, bathrooms, square ft./m., anything where the buyer has more flexibility.
- When toggled on this creates a looser match as Cloze will return matches based on other fields set in the profile too.
- For example if a property matched the price range, number of bedrooms, and location set on a profile, but didn't match the square feet range, then Cloze would still return a match because "Match when only one side has a value" was toggled off for the square feet range Custom Field and other criteria matched the buyer's criteria.
Set the type of matching.
9.) Select the Stages and Segments where you would like the Custom Field to appear.
9.) Enter your Pick List Values. After you enter each value tap on the Add button (or tap on the enter key).
10.) Tap on Save when you are done.