You can import contacts using a CSV (comma separated value) in Microsoft Outlook's export format without any additional mapping of column headers, but if your import file is from another system you will need to check each column header first.
Please see the instructions and column header names below.
- We recommend exporting a template out of your Cloze account to help guide you.
- Check all columns in your original CSV or Excel file and make any necessary changes to map them to their equivalent name in Cloze following the instructions below.
- All upload records (each row) must contain at least
- an email address or
- mobile phone number or
- a name and phone number
- a name and complete delivery postal address:
- street number and name or post office box number and secondary descriptor and number (e.g., suite or apartment number, floor) if needed.
- city and state
- postal code
- The first row of the spreadsheet must contain the column headers names (First Name, Last Name, Company, Stage, Segment etc). Please remove all extra rows above these labels.
- Importing formats:
- Excel - the first worksheet will be used for import. All other worksheets will not be imported. Please save each worksheet as its own import file.
- CSV - For best results please use the UTF-8 format.
- After you've prepared your Excel or CSV, upload a small sample file of 2-3 rows of contact information to make sure everything imported as expected.
- Contact support by clicking on the red "Contact Support" button below if you have questions, before you upload. We're happy to review your prepared file and provide recommendations.
Before you import your contacts you'll need to prepare your CSV spreadsheet.
In this example below the spreadsheet has three column headings that need to be mapped to the equivalent name in Cloze before this Excel or CSV file can be imported. You will need to review and change (if necessary) each column of your original file to make sure it matches the appropriate import field in Cloze.
Scroll down this page for complete list of all column header fields available to map your information to in Cloze.
With the updated column names the CSV file is now ready to be imported into Cloze.
Below is a complete list of Column Headers available for your import Excel or CSV file. Not all are required, but are included to provide flexibility.
CLOZE RELATIONSHIP TYPES
This sets who the person is to you. For example, a customer, a partner, a supplier, an adviser, or any number of customizable segments.
Next Steps are customizable and should exactly match what you have created in Settings. Please read more about creating Next Steps here.
Custom Fields are available in all Stages of a single Segment. Examples include Type, Role, Department, Lead Source and any others you create. Cloze offers custom fields to help your further classify your People, Companies and Projects (or Deals).
When enabled, custom fields appear in the Relationship section for People and Companies and in the Project (or Deal) Status section.
The best way to create a custom template for your account is to export it from your Cloze account. This template will be customized to your account and include any Custom Fields you have added to Cloze.
Click on the links below to download a customized template for your account:
- Cloze CSV Import Contacts template
- Cloze CSV Import Companies template
- Cloze CSV Projects, Deals template
Tags allow you organize People, Projects, Deals or Companies. Tags are helpful when you are trying to organize your contacts across many traits or characteristics.
- Tags (plural) - your tags must be separated by commas. When importing tags please separate each tag by a comma and replace extra characters and spaces with a dash. Other characters such as periods, slashes, ampersand etc will be replaced with a space and create two keywords.
Each item below is a column header label that can be used to map your information when imported into Cloze.
web page 2
web page 3
Assigned To (use this to assign contacts to specific team members)
business address 1
business address 2
business postal code
home address 1
home address 2
home postal code
other address 1
other address 2
other postal code
e-mail 1 address
e-mail 2 address
e-mail 3 address
e-mail 4 address
e-mail 5 address
e-mail 6 address
e-mail 7 address
e-mail 8 address
e-mail 9 address
e-mail 10 address
home email 2
home email 3
business email 2
business email 3
business phone 2
company main phone
mobile phone 2
home phone 2
other phone 2