How do I add a custom field to a contact?
Beyond our standard classification options, you can also add Custom Fields to help you further organize your contacts. Cloze includes Custom Fields that you can enable like Type, Role, Department, and Lead Source -- you can also add as many others as needed. Please see below for instructions on how to enable and add Custom Fields.
Once enabled you will see your custom fields in the Relationship section. The Relationship Section looks like this:
You can use this section to classify your contacts by Stage...
- Lead (formerly known as Not Yet Qualified)
- Customers - People you sell to or deliver services to
- Partners - People that help you sell, deliver services or run your organization
- Suppliers - Companies that you buy from
- Investors - People that invest in you or your organization
- Advisers - People that advise, counsel or mentor you
- Competitors - People that you compete against
- Coworkers - People that work in your organization
- Family - Your family and relatives
- Friends - Your friends and acquaintances
- Custom - A custom type of relationship
...And Custom Fields. Each Segment can have its own set of custom fields. By default we include:
- Type - Organize customers into your own subcategories.
- Role - Role of a person in their business.
- Department - Department the person works in or reports to.
- Lead Source - Keep track of where a customer came from.
- Custom - add additional Custom Fields by Stage and Segment.
- Custom Sections - Custom Fields can be organized into Sections.
Cloze supports several different types of Custom Fields that you can use to tailor the profile for People, Companies, Projects, and Deals.
- Text - Any type of text may be entered. A common example would be an account ID.
- Pick List (one) - Pick one field value from a list
- Pick List (many) - Pick multiple field values from a list
- Date - Set a date (no time) including recurring anniversary reminders.
- Round Number - Enter a number with no fraction (e.g. 1,000)
- Decimal Number - Enter a number with a fraction (e.g. 1,000.25)
- Currency - Enter a currency value (e.g. $1,000)
- Range - Range of values (e.g. 3 to 10)
- Reference One - Reference a person, company, or project (or deal)
- Reference Many - Reference multiple people, companies, or projects (or deals)
Here are step-by-step instructions on how to create a new Custom Field and select a data type.
1.) Tap on More (...) in the lower right of your screen on mobile (iOS/Android) and lower left on cloze.com.
2.) Tap on Settings
3.) Scroll down to the Customizations section and tap on Custom Fields to expand the section.
4.) Tap on the gear icon next to the section where you wish to add Custom Fields. You can create and edit Custom Fields for People, Companies, and Projects (or Deals, Cases, Sales etc...)
5.) Along the top of the screen tap on the Add button and then select Field.
6.) Then name your field and select and select the Data Type from the dropdown.
In this example we have selected "Text" for a new field called "Account ID". This field will contain a mix of letters and numbers so the Text Data Type is best.
7.) Select the Cloze tab where you would like your new field to appear.
In this example the "Account ID" field will appear on profiles in the People and Companies tabs, but not appear on in the Deals tab. Tap on Company, People or Deals (or Projects, Cases, Sales etc...) to make your selection.
8.) Next, you can select the Segments and Stages where you would like your new Custom Field to appear. Tap on the funnel icon to make your selection.
9.) Tap on Save when you are done.