How do I export contacts on behalf of another Cloze user?
Using the Cloze delegation feature another Cloze user can enable access to their account so that you can perform work on their behalf. Once you have been added as a delegate, you can easily toggle between their Cloze account and yours.
A common reason you may be added as a delegate is to send emails on their behalf or export contacts to send postal mail.
As a delegate, you may be granted access to view and change data in their Cloze account, just as you do in your own Cloze account. The person delegating access to you can fine-tune what communications you can read to protect their privacy (i.e. hiding all communications and notes) while you are performing activities like sending emails on their behalf to audiences they specify.
How to have another user appoint you as a delegate
Cloze plan requirements
In order to appoint a delegate:
- The person delegating access must have a Cloze Platinum account
- The person being delegated (you) must have an active Cloze account, but it can be any plan level (but if you are designing and sending marketing emails on their behalf you will need a Cloze Platinum account)
Delegating access to you
They will need to enable one of two options:
- Limited Access: Export your contacts - Export contacts for specific audiences, or
- Full Access: Access and change your account - View, change, and send to your contacts
Switching to their account once delegated
Once delegated you can follow these instructions to switch between accounts.
Exporting contacts on behalf of another Cloze user
- Switch into their account - After you have been delegated access to their account, you can switch into it and then export their contacts.
- Navigate to the Delegation section - In the Cloze Delegation section, you can select the users and then export their authorized audiences.
Please see the instructions below for both options.
Switch into their account and export contacts directly from their account
After you have been delegated access to their account, you can switch into it and then export their contacts.
Navigate to the Delegation section and export contacts for one or more people at once
In the Cloze Delegation section, you can select the users and then export the specified audience.
1.) Tap on More and then select Template Library in the menu.
2.) Select specific users and perform work on their behalf.
Once in the Delegation section of Cloze, you can select specific users and perform work on their behalf. There are two primary actions you can take:
- Send an email on their behalf
- Export contacts on their behalf
3.) Select the audience and then tap on the Export button.
Tip: If you are performing work on behalf of multiple users we recommend having each team member use the same audience names. For example, if you are helping with holiday card mailings, every team should name their holiday card audience the same name (e.g. Holiday Cards). Only one audience may be selected per export.
Note: If you export contacts for more than one delegated user the Excel file (or CSV file) will contain contacts for all users. Columns A and B of the exported file allow you to filter as needed.