Tags (formerly known as keywords) are like labels that allow you to organize People, Companies, Projects and Deals. Tags are also helpful when you are trying to organize your contacts across many traits or characteristics and want to share this organization with your team on Cloze.
You can import contacts using a CSV (comma separated value) file. When you import your file you can also include Tags.
1.) Prepare your import file
Add new columns to your spreadsheet to accommodate your Tags. You can add up to 20 Tag columns.
In this example the spreadsheet has several column headings that have been mapped to the equivalent name in Cloze so this CSV file can be imported. You will need to check and change each column of your original file to make sure it matches the appropriate import field in Cloze.
- Check all columns in your original CSV and make any necessary to changes to map them to their equivalent name in Cloze.
- All upload records (each row) must contain at least:
- an email address or
- a mobile phone number or
- a name and phone number
- a name and complete postal address
- After you've prepared your CSV, upload a small sample file of 2-3 rows of contact information to make sure everything imported as expected.
- Contact support by clicking on the orange "Help and Feedback" button below if you have questions, before you upload.
2.) Import your file into Cloze
If your import file is from another system you will need to check each column header first. Please follow the instructions above.
1.) Tap on More (...) in the lower left of your screen on cloze.com.
2.) Tap on Settings
3.) Scroll down to the Import / Export section and click on Import to expand the section.
Click on the Add Files button to navigate your prepared file you wish to import.
4.) Then click on the Start Import button to import your contacts.
You will see your new Tags on each profile.
On the People screen you can now search by your newly imported Tags.