How do I enable GDPR compliance settings in Cloze?
Cloze provides settings that you can enable to enforce Do Not Contact for anyone that has no Lawful Basis set.
Once toggled on this is only enforced for Cloze Segments that have the Lawful Basis Custom Field enabled (this allows you to disable the checks for Family and Friends for example).
Even if you are located in the United States or another country outside the EU, but work with clients in the EU, you will still need to comply with the GDPR.
Note: Cloze offers our software and Help Center as a resource, but we don’t offer legal advice. We recommend you contact your legal counsel to find out how the GDPR impacts you.
Please read this blog post for moe about what Cloze is doing for the GDPR.
To enable the GDPR Compliance option please follow the instructions below.
1.) Tap on More (...) in the lower right of your screen on mobile (iOS/Android) and lower left on cloze.com.
2.) Tap on Settings
3.) Scroll down and tap on Accounting and Compliance to expand the section.
Then in the GDPR Compliance section you can toggle on enforcement of Do Not Contact for anyone that has no Lawful Basis set. This is only enforced for segments that have the Lawful Basis custom field enabled.
Here are step-by-step instructions on how to enable default Custom Fields to help comply with the upcoming GDPR regulations:
- Enable the "Do Not Contact" Custom Field to track your opt-outs
- Enable the "Lawful Basis" Custom Field
More information about Lawful Basis can be found here.
There are several Lawful Basis field values to select from:
- Consent - the data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes.
- Contract - processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract
- Legal Obligation - processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject
- Vital Interests - processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the data subject or of another natural person
- Public Task - processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller
- Legitimate Interests - processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.