Note: Cloze offers our software and Help Center as a resource, but we don’t offer legal advice.
We recommend you contact your legal counsel to find out how the GDPR impacts you. The GDPR affords your EU citizen clients and potential clients many rights including, but not limited to:
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure (aka "right to be forgotten")
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
Cloze provides you with the tools you need in order to be compliant with the GDPR and to handle these types of requests. In general, your customers will contact you (for example to get you to remove information, get a copy of it, etc.) and you will then use the features of Cloze to comply with their requests.
Cloze GDPR Compliance Features
Please see below to learn more about the many features Cloze offers to help you with your GDPR compliance.
Right to erasure (aka "right to be forgotten")
Under Article 17 of the GDPR EU citizen clients have the "right to erasure" (or "right to be forgotten" as it is better known).
To help you with these right to be forgotten requests we have a Data Cleanup feature that allows you to quickly find and remove contact information, communication history, and content related to a specific person from Cloze.
The feature also helps you find all of the places outside of Cloze where this data resides as well.
- Data Cleanup - Permanently delete timeline activity if requested
- Deleting Contacts - Permanently delete a contact record if requested
- Delete specific contact information - Permanently delete specific contact information if requested
Right of access and rectification features
You can export a history of your activity with a person if requested with Cloze. This export file generates a detailed log of your activity related to a person (for example what emails and calls you’ve exchanged).
- Export timeline interactions for a person or company
- Export Project or Deal timelines
- Export contact information for a single person
Lawful Basis tracking and enforcement
As the Controller you will need what is called Lawful Basis for the processing of personal information of EU citizens. These are found in Article 6 of the GDPR. To help you with this aspect of the GDPR we offer several features for the tracking and enforcement:
- Enable enforcement of Do Not Contact for anyone that has no Lawful Basis set
- If no Lawful Basis is set you will not be able to contact the person via Cloze.
- Enable the “Do Not Contact” Custom Field to track your opt-outs
- You can use this field to track when a contact has opted out of communications from you.
- Enable the “Lawful Basis” Custom Field to track your consent
- Use Smart Links, to unsubscribe or acquire consent, that you can include in your email signatures and templates, and which are automatically linked to the above Lawful Basis and Do Not Contact fields. There are four Smart Links to pick from:
- Update Preferences
- Grant Consent
- Withdraw Consent