What types of Custom Fields can I create in Cloze?
Cloze supports several different types of Custom Fields that you can use to tailor the profile for People, Companies, Projects and Deals.
Custom Field Types:
- Text - Any type of text may be entered. A common example would be an account ID.
- Pick List (one) - Pick one field value from a list
- Pick List (many) - Pick multiple field values from a list
- Date - Set a date (no time). You may also set recurring anniversary dates.
- Round Number - Enter a number with no fraction (e.g. 1,000)
- Decimal Number - Enter a number with a fraction (e.g. 1,000.25)
- Percentage Decimal Number - Enter a number with fraction and is displayed as percentage Set (e.g. 12%)
- Currency - Enter a currency value (e.g. $1,000)
- Reference - Reference fields let you link people, companies, and deals/projects/properties to each other. Common Reference Custom Field uses include linking a spouse or children to a person. Learn more about reference fields.
Here are step-by-step instructions on how to create a new Custom Field and select a data type.
1.) Tap on More (...) in the lower right of your screen on mobile (iOS/Android) and lower left on cloze.com.
2.) Tap on Settings
3.) Scroll down to the Customizations section and tap on Custom Fields to expand the section.
4.) Tap on the gear icon next to the section where you wish to add Custom Fields. You can create and edit Custom Fields for People, Companies, and Projects (or Deals, Cases, Sales, etc...)
5.) Along the top of the screen tap on the Add button and then select Field.
6.) Then name your field and select and select the Data Type from the dropdown.
In this example we have selected "Text" for a new field called "Account ID". This field will contain a mix of letters and numbers so the Text Data Type is best.
7.) Select the Cloze sections where you would like your new field to appear.
In this example, the "Account ID" field will appear on profiles in the People and Companies sections, but not appear on in the Deals section. Tap on Company, People or Deals (or Projects, Cases, Sales etc...) to make your selection.
8.) Next, you can select the Segments and Stages where you would like your new Custom Field to appear. Tap on the funnel icon to make your selection.
9.) Tap on Save when you are done.