How do I customize my relationship types?
On the Contact Profile you will find a section called Relationship. It looks like this:
You can use this section to classify your contacts by Stage...
- Customers - People you sell to or deliver services to
- Partners - People that help you sell, deliver services, or run your organization
- Suppliers - Companies that you buy from
- Investors - People that invest in you or your organization
- Advisers - People that advise, counsel or mentor you
- Competitors - People that you compete against
- Coworkers - People that work in your organization
- Custom - Custom type of relationship
- Family - Your family and relatives
- Friends - Your friends and acquaintances
- Connections - People in your network
- Personal Custom - Personal custom type of relationship
...And Custom Fields. Each Segment can have its own set of custom fields. By default we include:
- Type - Organize customers into your own sub categories.
- Role - Role of a person in their business.
- Department - Department the person works in or reports to.
- Lead Source - Keep track of where a customer came from.
- Custom - add additional custom fields by Segment
Using Custom Fields to Sub-Segment Clients
TIP: Cloze offers five custom Segments that you can use for other types of Relationships (please see below), however if you may want to use Custom Fields to sub-segment your types of Customers or Clients.
For example, you may have several products lines or services you offer or industries or roles of people you serve as clients — these are all clients, but using the “Type" Custom Field to further classify them helps keep them organized under one primary Segment — Customers/Clients.
If you have the same set of Next Steps for all types of Clients or Customers it is highly recommended to use a Custom Field to sub-segment rather than using the custom Segments for each type.
In the above example the contact is classified as an Active Customer. In the example below we are going to change the label from "Customer" to "Client".
1.) Tap on More (...) in the lower right of your screen on mobile (iOS/Android) and lower left on cloze.com.
2.) Tap on Settings
3.) Scroll down to the Customizations section and tap on People and Companies to expand the section.
Each Cloze Plan includes different limits on the number of Custom Segments you can create beyond our default Segments:
- Pro and Silver Plans: Create and use up to 10 custom segments across People and Deals/Projects/Sales/Cases.
- Gold Plan: Create and use up to 20 custom Segments across People and Deals/Projects/Sales/Cases.
- Platinum Plan: Create and use up to 100 custom segments across People and Deals/Projects/Sales/Cases.