With the Cloze delegation feature, you can enable another Cloze user to access your account by switching from their own Cloze account to yours. A common reason you may add a delegate is to allow an assistant or marketing team member to send emails on your behalf. If you would like to allow another person access to your Cloze account to do work on your behalf, you can add them as a delegate on your account.
The delegation feature also has the added benefits of not needing to share your Cloze password and giving you control over what a delegate can see and do in your account.
A delegate can be granted access to view and change your Cloze account, just as you do, but within the limits you authorize. You can fine-tune their ability to read your communications to protect your privacy (i.e. hiding all communications and notes) while performing activities like sending emails on your behalf to only audiences you specify.
What can a delegate see and do
- Send on your behalf - Send emails from you to specific audiences
- Export your contacts - Export contacts for specific audiences
- Audiences - Select the specific audience to whom you are granting access (Learn how to create an audience here.)
- Access and change your account - View, change, and send to your contacts
- Read a subset - Read campaign mail and mail merges
- Read everything - Read all your communication and notes
Both accounts are mine - Remove connected accounts and adjust your timezone automatically
Getting Started with Delegation
In order to appoint a delegate:
- The person delegating access must have a Cloze Platinum account
- The person being delegated must have an active Cloze account, but it can be any plan level (but if you are designing and sending marketing emails on their behalf you will need a Cloze Platinum account)
Once the delegate has been added, they will be able to easily toggle between their own account and yours.
Working on behalf of another user with Delegation
As a delegate, you can perform common activities on behalf of another Cloze user.
Sending a Mail Merge on behalf of another Cloze user
- Switch into their account - After you have been delegated access to their account, you can switch into it and then send a Mail Merge.
- Send from the Delegation section - In the Cloze Delegation section, you can select the users and send the Mail Merge to the specified audience.
- Send from the Library section - In the Cloze Library section, you can send an email template to any user that has delegated this access to you. This option is helpful if you wish to edit or review the email template before sending the email.
Exporting contacts on behalf of another Cloze user
- Switch into their account - After you have been delegated access to their account, you can switch into it and then export their contacts.
- Export from the Delegation section - In the Cloze Delegation section, you can select the users and then export their authorized audiences.
If you have been granted full access you can perform any activity as needed. Simply switch into their account to perform the work.
As a delegate, there are some areas of Cloze that you cannot change. You cannot change their username, password, turn off two-step, adjust delegation settings, or delete their account.