Setup the Cloze Call and Text Sync App for iOS (Windows PC)
Install the Cloze Call and Text Sync App on your Windows PC to automatically track iPhone calls and text messages.
Automatic call tracking is included with all Cloze premium plans: Pro, Silver, Gold, and Platinum. Automatic text tracking is included with Cloze Business Gold and Cloze Business Platinum.
The Cloze Call and Text Sync App creates an encrypted iPhone backup on your computer and then syncs with this backup to automatically log your phone calls and text messages.
Below are instructions on how to install the Cloze Call and Text Sync App on your Windows PC. If you are on a Mac please follow these instructions.
This Cloze feature automatically logs:
- iPhone messages (SMS and iMessage)
- WhatsApp messages and calls
- Phone calls made with your iPhone
Once installed the app runs in the background on your PC to periodically sync and log text messages and calls.
Note: If you want to link more than one phone, you will need another computer. One phone to one computer.
Getting Started with the Cloze Call and Text Sync App
The Cloze Call and Text Sync app requires:
- Sufficient space on your computer to backup your call logs and text messages.
- The encrypted backup password for your iPhone if you have created one previously. If you have not created one, you will need to create one to sync your calls and texts. For more information on encrypted backups, Please view this article from Apple: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205220
- USB charging cable
- Windows PC Computer (please follow these instructions if you have a Mac)
- With sufficient space on your computer to backup your call logs and text messages
- With iTunes installed, please click here for instructions on how to install iTunes on your computer
- Encrypted backup password for your iPhone
- If you have created one previously, you’ll use it during your setup
- If you have not created one, you will be prompted to create one
1.) Connect your iPhone to your Windows PC using a lightening (USB) cable.
➜ Note: It is important that you connect your iPhone to your PC with a lightning cable, for the initial setup and sync. Once set up, the text messages will sync over Wi-Fi.
2.) Download the Cloze Call and Text sync app on your PC.
Tap on the button to download the app
By installing the app you accept Cloze's
3.) Open the downloaded program.
4.) When prompted with the security warning click on "More info" and then "Run anyway".
Microsoft Defender provides these warnings for apps it doesn't recognize.
5.) The app will install.
6.) Log in to Cloze.
7.) Your iPhone will prompt you to trust your computer.
Make sure your iPhone is connected to your computer with a USB cable. If you did not previously connect your iPhone to your computer, please do it now.
If prompted tap on Trust.
Apple introduced a new security feature with iOS and iPadOS 16.1 and above, that requires a device passcode prompt to initiate a backup each time your device syncs. Enter your passcode to trust your computer.
8.) Select what you want to sync by checking or unchecking the checkmarks next to each option.
9.) If you don't have iTunes (required) installed on your PC computer, you will be prompted to install it. If you do have iTunes installed, the installation of the Cloze Call and Text Sync app will continue automatically.
9.) Unlock your iPhone and select the device to sync.
Please be sure to unlock your iPhone. If you don't see your iPhone tap on Find Devices.
10.) Follow the steps to create your encrypted phone backup.
In order to log your text messages and calls, Cloze will create and store an encrypted backup of your iPhone on your computer. Cloze will sync with this backup to log your phone calls and text messages.
Please enter a secure password to protect this backup and allow Cloze to access it:
Your phone will now begin the process of backing up to your computer.
This can take minutes to an hour or two.
➜ Tip: You do not need to keep the window open or stay on this screen while the backup occurs. You can close the window at any time.
Enter your passcode to trust your computer and start the backup sync.
Once the initial backup has finished you will see: “Your iPhone is Ready”.
When you see “Your iPhone is Ready” you can safely disconnect the lightning cable. Your phone will continue to sync periodically over Wi-Fi.
- To sync, the phone and computer must be on the same Wi-Fi network
- Your phone and computer must be plugged in or have at least 30% of the
- The sync occurs every two hours or when the battery and Wi-Fi requirements are met
- Once the initial sync is complete, it may take some time for contact
timelines in Cloze to be updated
My text messages and calls are not syncing to Cloze.
1.) Check to make sure your iPhone and Computer are on the same Wi-Fi network
To sync, your iPhone must be on the same Wi-Fi network as your computer.
As a first step, we recommend checking to make sure both your computer and iPhone are on the same Wi-Fi network by running the Wi-Fi diagnostics tool that is built into the Cloze Call and Text Sync app.
Click here for step-by-step instructions.
If you have questions about the diagnostic results please send a screenshot of the results of the diagnostics to email@example.com.
2.) If your iPhone is running iOS 16.1 or above, you will be prompted for a device passcode to initiate a backup each time your device syncs
Apple introduced a new security feature with iOS and iPadOS 16.1 and above, that requires a device passcode prompt to initiate a backup each time your device syncs.
Enter your passcode to trust your computer.
I texted with someone yesterday, but I don’t see the messages in Cloze, why?
- Double-check that the phone number you were texting is included in the person's contact profile in Cloze. Here are step-by-step instructions on how to add information to a contact.
- Please make sure there has been a recent sync. The most common reason for a sync not to occur is that the battery on your phone was below 30% or your phone and computer (with the app) were not on the same Wi-Fi network.
A few phone calls are showing on my timeline twice, why?
- There will be some overlap in call history between your mobile phone carrier and the Call and Text Sync app.
- Once you have successfully connected the Cloze Call and Text sync app, you can disconnect your connection to your phone carrier (Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint) to avoid duplicates
- Please read our tips below before removing your phone carrier connection.
When I disconnect my phone carrier what option should I choose?
When you disconnect, you have two options:
- Remove and Cleanup
- Remove and Keep History [PICK THIS ONE]
We recommend keeping the phone history from your mobile phone carrier.
- The Call and Text sync app will only sync the last 500 calls from your device, so if having the full phone history is important, we recommend the “Remove and Keep History” option.
- This will result in some duplicates showing in your near-term timeline, but going forward you will not see any duplicates
How do I open the Cloze Call and Text Sync app settings?
Click on the Cloze icon in the menu bar and select Settings.
If the icon is not showing in the toolbar, click on the up arrow and then the Cloze logo.
How do I manually start a sync of calls and text messages to Cloze?
Open the app and click the “Sync Now” button.
Does a text message count as an interaction for keep in touch reminders?
Yes, text messages will update the Last Interaction date for a person and reset the keep-in-touch reminder cycle for the contact.
How do I change how often Cloze syncs?
You can change the frequency of the sync by opening the app and clicking on the linked text.
Note: Backing up your device is resource-intensive. Frequent backups may significantly impact your phone's battery life.
How do I change the required battery percentage left?
You can change the battery power that is required by opening the app and clicking on the linked text.