How do I edit a contact?
1.) Tap on any contact photo and the contact profile will open. Then tap on Edit.
From here you may edit existing information or add new contact details.
Adding new contact information
When adding new information please tap the plus (+) symbol to add new contact information and then tap on Save in the upper right of the screen when you are finished.
2.) Tap on Contact Info.
3.) Tap on the plus (+) symbol to add an email address. Add the email and then select the Type.
4.) Tap on Save.
Edit an existing piece of contact information:
If you are editing existing information you have a few different options:
- Remove or Fix it: Tap on the minus (-) symbol to remove information. When you do so you will be prompted with several options to remove the information or fix it.
- Change the Type: Set the type of information (like a mobile phone or fax number).
- Set the sharing option: You can mark the contact information private so when this contact is shared with your team this specific piece of information is not shared.
1.) After tapping on the Remove or Fix it, there are four options to select:
- Archive: Select this option to set the information to archived. The email address, phone number etc... will no longer appear as a contact information option, but will still be used for stitching together the historical timeline of interactions. This option is recommended when a person changes jobs to ensure your past history of interactions is still available in Cloze.
- Remove: Select this option to completely remove the information from Cloze. Remove is primarily used if the information is inaccurate.
- Correct: Select this option to quickly correct a typo or minor error.
- Demerge: Select this option to remove this information because it belongs to another person.
2.) Change the Type: Set the type of information (like a mobile phone or fax number).
Change the type of phone number at any time. In the phone number example below, you can change a Voice number to be a Mobile number.
You can also set addresses and phone numbers to be preferred, work, personal or home, etc.
3.) Set the sharing option: You can mark the contact information private so when this contact is shared with your team this specific piece of information is not shared.
In the example, a personal Gmail email address is marked as private. Tap on the lock icon to change these settings. A filled lock icon means this piece of information is private and will not be shared with your team.