How do I search by contact location?
With Cloze you can search for people based on their location.
Tip: Type "Help" in the search box for some search examples based on your contacts.
When you search by location in Cloze you are searching the Location field in the contact profile. If a location is set you will see it displayed under the person's name and headline.
Below there are several search by location examples.
To make changes to the location field on a contact profile please tap on edit in the upper right corner of the screen.
Update the Location and tap on the Save button in the upper corner.
Here are some examples to try:
- near Boston
- Contacts in the bay area (or people in San Francisco)
- VPs in Chicago
- Writers in the Big Apple
- VPs or Managers near me - will return all of your contacts with both VP or Vice President or Manager in the title near your current location)
- locationcountry:Spain - this will return all people or companies in Spain
- locationcountry:GB - this will return all people in Great Britain
- locationname:Germany - with word Germany in the Location field.
1.) In this example we have searched for near Boston. This returns all people with a location near Boston, Massachusetts.
Simply enter near [city name] in the search field on the People screen.
2.) Contacts in the bay area (or people in San Francisco).
3.) VPs in Chicago returns all people that are VPs or Vice Presidents in Chicago.
4.) Writers in the Big Apple will return writers, journalists, editors and other related titles in Greater New York City.
5.) VPs or Managers near me will return all of your contacts with both VP or Vice President or Manager in the title near your current location.