Getting started with Marketing Email
Note: The Marketing Email feature is currently in beta and included as part of the Cloze Business Platinum Plan. For early access please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Create reusable templates with central control over themes and styles.
- Reusable Building Blocks to make assembling easy
- Sends through your real email account.
- Create customized newsletters in seconds without having to be a content expert or designer.
- Marketing teams can create a basic monthly newsletter, and team members can easily customize it with their own content – even per-client content.
- Design and use marketing emails on any device – phone, tablet, desktop.
When you first get started with Marketing Email we recommend refining the Market Email theme to match your brand identity. You can adjust heading styles, colors, fonts, button styles, image treatment, and other items. This theme will serve as the basis for all future marketing emails you create.
A Marketing Email is composed of sections, each one is below the previous. Each section can be composed of content blocks in one or more columns, or you can reuse an existing template as a building block for your section. As needed you can rearrange section and content blocks.
If you are the Cloze Admin for your team (or have the appropriate permissions) you'll also have an option to publish templates and changes to your theme to your team library.
To get started we recommend you set up the:
The brand header, brand footer, and legal terms footer are examples of embeddable Building Blocks—templates that you can embed in other templates. When you create a new marketing email you can use these building blocks to build your email.
You can create additional Building Blocks to make assembling future email templates easy. Anytime you find yourself creating a section that will be useful in another email in the future we recommend creating a separate embeddable template to use as a building block.
Sections and content blocks can be rearranged with our drag and drop editor.
Each marketing email you create will have a series of sections.
- Each section has a predefined layout (see below).
- A section can contain one or more content blocks.
- A section can be a Building Block. For example:
- Brand Footer
- Brand Header
- Personal Footer
- Legal Terms Footer
- "Mail Re" (e.g. Feature Mosiac -- for use with property emails)
- You can copy or delete previously created sections.
- Sections and the content within them can be rearranged as needed.
- Each section can have its own backgrounds, borders, spacing, and edit controls.
- Optionally, specific sections can be hidden on mobile devices.
- Entire sections can be locked so that users of the template cannot make changes.
- Content blocks within a template can also be locked.
When creating a new section you will set the type of layout. If needed, the layout can be changed after it has been initially defined. The following layout options are available:
- 1 column - full width
- 2 column - 1/2 : 1/2, 1/3 : 2/3, 2/3 : 1/3, 1/4 : 3/4, 3/4 : 1/4
- 3 column - 1/3 : 1/3 : 1/3, 1/2 : 1/4 : 1/4, 1/4 : 1/4 : 1/2
- 4 column - 1/4 : 1/4 : 1/4 : 1/4
You can also add Smart Sections. These are special types of sections that are used for repeating pieces of content like property listings. Or inserting an article or blog post.
- Repeat - Begin a repeating section
- Article(s) / Blog Post(s - insert an article or blog post
- End Repeat - End a repeating section
- Insert Article - lets the user of the marketing email template add their own articles.
- Insert Content - lets the user of the marketing email template add their own content.
After selecting the layout, you can then add content (e.g. Headline, Text, Image, Button, Divider, and more).
Content blocks can be rearranged within the section using our drag and drop editor.