Cloze Campaigns Best Practices
The Cloze Campaigns feature is included as part of the Cloze Business Platinum Plan.
Below you will find tips on how to create, test, and start your campaigns. We also include some best practices for staying out of trouble.
Creating a new Campaign
Triggering a Campaign to start
Campaigns can be triggered to start in several ways.
- When a contact enters the Next Step the campaign automatically starts (e.g. Contact is put in the “Not ready to buy yet – Nurture” step)
- When the anniversary reminder triggers the campaign begins (e.g. Reminder is set for 3 months before “Contract Signed” anniversary)
- When a lead arrives from that lead source the campaign begins (e.g. lead arrives from Zillow)
Here are additional details on how Campaigns start and instructions on how to link a Campaign to each of the above items.
Creating Test Data
With Gmail, everything after the plus is ignored – but each one can be treated as a unique contact in Cloze – so you can have multiple fake client contacts with which you can test.
Here are step-by-step instructions on how to manually create a new contact in Cloze.
For testing purposes, each contact should have a unique email address. For example:
- Sally Test 1 - email@example.com
- Sally Test 2 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dave Test 3 - email@example.com
- Dave Test 4 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Once these contacts have been created in Cloze you can then use them for testing your Campaign.
Manually Triggering Campaigns
- Resume Campaign
- Pause Campaign
- Stop Campaign
- Skip Current Step
- View Campaign
Tap on Resume to accelerate the Campaign if it is waiting.
Staying out of trouble
As with any form of automation, there is a lot of value, but also lots of ways to get into trouble (e.g. sending too often).
Sending too often
Running Campaigns unexpectedly for Next Steps
- Good: They automatically start when a contact gets set to that Next Step
- Bad: They automatically start when a contact gets set to that Next Step
- If you want a campaign to always be triggered for that Stage & Segment, attach it to the first Next Step and enable process mode.
- If you don’t, attach it to a Next Step that needs to be manually selected.