6 Steps to Setup Success
Follow these 6 steps and you’ll get your Cloze account up and running in no time. If you'd like to get a full tour of Cloze and all its features, attend one of our weekly live webinars or take a video tour.
- By the end of step 3: You’ll be up and running
- By the end of step 6: You'll be well on your way to growing your business
The 6 steps to setup success
- Create your Cloze account
- Connect your email, phone, texts, calendar and favorite apps
- Add your email signature
- Organize your top 100 contacts
- Start a daily routine with the Cloze Agenda
- Explore some features
First you'll need to create your Cloze account.
- On your phone, you can download the Cloze app from either the App Store or Play Store (Search for “Cloze Relationship Management” to find the app).
- On your desktop, go to cloze.com in your web browser
If you are part of an organization that is using Cloze you may also receive an email invitation to join. Look for the email invitation in your inbox to get started.
You can sign up using Facebook, Google, Apple or your organization's Single Sign On (if available). For example if you use Gmail or G Suite for your business you can tap on the Sign Up with Google button.
Or if you prefer you can create a username and password for your Cloze account by entering in your email address and the password you will use with Cloze.
Here's a quick video that walks you through setting up your Cloze account.
Tip: Before you setup your Cloze account it can be helpful to pull together all of the usernames and passwords of the accounts you plan to connect to Cloze. In many cases if you are already logged in you won’t need your password to connect—services like, Office 365, Gmail, Dropbox and Evernote only require your authorization to connect to Cloze.
We'll walk you through connecting your various accounts. It’s best to first connect the email account that has most of your client communication (you can connect as many accounts as you would like).
Cloze eliminates the busy work by automatically tracking and organizing your communications.
- Email - Connect your email to Cloze. Cloze supports Gmail, G Suite, iCloud, Microsoft Exchange, Office 365 email, Outlook.com, Yahoo!, AOL and any email service that supports IMAP.
- Calls - Cloze automatically shows the calls you make and receive in your contact history, so you know every call you've made to anyone.
- iPhone: Connect AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, and RingCentral.
Don't see your carrier listed? Or want to log text messages automatically too?
iPhone users can install the Cloze Call and Text Sync App for iOS to automatically log phone calls on any carrier globally, VOIP, FaceTime or WhatsApp calls.
- Android: Cloze can log your call and SMS history directly from your Android phone.
- iPhone: Connect AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, and RingCentral.
- iPhone: Install the Cloze Call and Text Sync App for iOS to automatically log text messages.
- Android: Connect your Android phone to log SMS automatically.
- Meetings - Connect your calendar to Cloze.
- Contacts - Cloze automatically creates contacts from your interactions on emails and meetings. When you connect your accounts Cloze will import your Google Contacts, Exchange Contacts and Office 365 contacts too.
- Files - Connect Dropbox, Google Drive and Google Docs to Cloze, OneDrive and Office.com to Cloze.
- Notes - Connect Evernote and OneNote to Cloze.
- Business and productivity apps - Connect Mailchimp, ActivePipe, Rezora, Spacio, dotloop and Slack.
- Cloze does a lot of the busy-work automatically for you. As a result, Cloze needs to process the accounts you have connected.
- While you’re waiting, Cloze is processing your email and other accounts, organizing your information, figuring out who matters to you, which of your contacts are other agents, what follow ups you might have due, etc.
- This can take a bit of time (usually less than an hour though).
- Cloze will notify you when your account is ready.
- Cloze will have automatically created an Agenda for you, of action items and upcoming activities we’ve found for you.
- Browse around and take a look!
Cloze is an email client so you can send and receive email just like you would in Outlook or Mac Mail or on your iPhone or Android.
Add your email signature to match what you use outside of Cloze in other email apps.
- Tap on More > Settings > Mail Settings
- In the Greeting and Signatures section you can customize an email signature for each email account you have connected to Cloze.
Cloze will create a contact profile for every person and company you know from the accounts you connect. When you get started we recommend organizing the people and companies you are currently working with using the options provided in the Relationship section.
Below is some background context on how to think through organizing your contacts in Cloze.
Watch a Video or Attend a Webinar
- Watch a quick video ➜ Click here to watch a short video
- Attend a Weekly Webinar ➜ Tips for Organizing Contacts in Cloze
- Watch a Webinar Replay ➜ Click to watch a webinar Replay
Pro Tip: Do you have a spreadsheet of clients? Or an export from another system? You can easily import it into Cloze. Here are step-by-step instructions on how to prepare and import your contacts into Cloze. Feel free to email the file to firstname.lastname@example.org too. We're happy to provide advice.
Stages, Segments and Next Steps
When you tap on a contact you’ll find a section within the profile called “Relationship”.
Relationships can be organized by Stages, Segments, Next Steps and Custom Fields. On your phone, tap on About to see the Relationship section. On cloze.com look for it on the right side of the screen.
Use the Relationship section to track the client journey with you.
The Stage sets where the person is on their client journey with you and a Segment sets who the person is to you.
TIP ➜ Please note that if you are part of an organization that is using Cloze your account will already be configured with custom Business Segments, Next Steps and Custom Fields.
When to Use Stages and Segments
Stages and Segments tell you who the person is to you and where they are on their client journey with you.
What are Next Steps
Each Stage and Segment includes Next Steps so you can embed your process into Cloze.
Next Steps are an extension of the higher level Stages—they should mirror your workflow and all of the things you need to get done to move to the next Stage.
Think of Next Steps as repeatable check lists that you can write once and reuse. In sales you may refer to the combination of Stages and Next Steps as your "pipeline" or "sales funnel". In Projects you will track all of the Steps to "win" your engagement (move from Potential to Active) and then track all of your steps to deliver the project or service.
Or, for example, in real estate you might use steps to track all of the things you need to do to help a client buy a home or sell a home.
We also offer Tags.
- Tags allow you organize People, Companies, and Deals beyond their client journey
- You can add as many tags as you would like
- They are helpful when you are trying to organize People or Companies that span different Segments
- For example, the tag “holiday-card” can be applied to people with the Segment Buyer, Seller or Family
- Track common interests across your clients (e.g. dog lovers, gardening, travel, cooking, hiking etc..)
The Cloze Agenda is where you will start your day and check periodically to stay on track and get things done.
We have designed the Agenda so you can ”live” on it. The Agenda has everything you need, but it is prioritized around your importance, not that of others (like your inbox). It helps you stay on task and be proactive.
- The Agenda reorders dynamically to always keeps what's important “right now” at the top.
- Similar tasks are grouped together so you can take care of similar items all at once.
- You can take action with a simple swipe.
Now let's dig in! Cloze has many features you can explore. We also have daily webinars that dig into specific features.
Here are a few features to explore as you get started with Cloze.
- The Cloze Agenda - The Cloze Agenda is where you will start your day and check periodically to stay on track and get things done.
- Mail Merge - Email multiple people at once with a personalized message for each recipient.
- Email open and link-click tracking - Know when a recipient opens your email or clicks on any link in your email.
- Email templates - With Cloze's email templates, you'll never have to copy and paste the same message over and over again.
- Anniversary reminders - Recurring anniversary reminders are a great way to keep track of the import dates about you clients.
- Birthday reminders - Cloze will automatically display birthday reminders on the Agenda so you can quickly reach out.