Example Campaign: Round Robin Distribution
The Cloze Campaigns feature is included as part of the Cloze Business Platinum Plan.
What to know before you get started
Before setting up any lead management program, we highly recommend reviewing our Lead Management Program Checklist. Items to review:
- Lead Management Program Checklist
- Email-based lead capture (the majority of your lead sources will use this feature to capture a lead BEFORE it is distributed to your team for follow-up. )
- Lead assignment strategies in Cloze
- The Cloze Library (your campaign templates are created and stored here)
- What triggers a Cloze Campaign to start
YOUR GOAL: Distribute leads evenly in an effort to provide fairness and parity.
This lead distribution Campaign is designed to evenly distribute each new lead among a group of team members.
What this campaign does:
- When a new lead arrives, the campaign notifies and assigns a specific team member about the lead.
- Following an even distribution method, the next lead is assigned to the next team member. This continues until all team members have received a lead and then repeats.
- In the simple example below, the only function of the campaign is round robin (even) distribution.
Optionally, we recommend also adding an automated campaign in case the assignee is not immediately available for follow-up.
In this more advanced example below, once a lead has been assigned this triggers an automated campaign called New Leads on behalf of the assigned team member.
The New Leads Campaign is a series of automatic emails and reminders that will continue until the lead has engaged with the assignee.
Below you will find the steps required to help you recreate a similar campaign in your account.
How to create a similar Campaign in your Cloze account
1.) Setup Lead Capture for your Lead Source (or sources)
The majority of your lead sources will send an email alert when a new lead is generated. This lead email can come from a form on your website, a third-party lead service, or another service.
Important: You will need to set up lead capture for each lead source BEFORE proceeding to the next step.
2.) Navigate to the Cloze Library to create the Campaign
Now that you have set up lead capture for each lead source you wish to distribute via round robin distribution, you can create your campaign.
Next, you will navigate to the Cloze Library and create your campaign.
3.) Design your Campaign
Below you will find the same steps used in the picture below. In italics, in the right column, you will find the specific type of step used and a link with additional instructions.
This Campaign will utilize two campaigns:
- Round robin distribution to distribute leads evenly.
- Another (optional) campaign will run in the assignee's Cloze account to ensure follow-up if they are not available when the lead is assigned.
A couple of tips:
Tip #1: Sketch out your campaign
Add all of the steps you wish to include in your Campaign first, and then go back and add all the details. This gives you a high-level view before you dig into the specifics.
Tip #2: Use Placeholders for templates
If you have not yet created a template, you can use a placeholder instead. You can then return to the placeholder template in the Cloze Library to add your content at a later time. This is helpful when you are sketching out a campaign but haven't yet created all of the content.
Round Robin Distribution Campaign:
Select the flow control Change Stage, Assignee, etc.
This is a simple campaign, so all pieces are part of 1 campaign step.
||Step Name|| Campaign Step
|1||Change Assignee then run New Leads||Use flow control Change Stage, Assignee, etc.|
|| Select Assignment Strategy: Even Distribution
||Select After Changes: New Leads Campaign (see below)|
The New Leads Campaign below is optional but recommended. If you don't feel you need this secondary campaign, you can skip down to step 5.
(Optional) New Leads Campaign:
This campaign will run in the assignee's Cloze account.
Below you will find the second campaign example that will ensure follow-up if the assignee is not immediately available to follow up themselves.
This type of campaign introduces one of Cloze's more advanced features:
- Campaign Branching: Campaigns can branch (or make a decision and go down a different path) based on different criteria like a lead source, a tag, stage, segment, and other values.
- Branching is a decision to go down only one of the different branches. The first branch to match gets its steps run – others are skipped. The Campaign then proceeds to complete all of the steps in the branch.
- For this Campaign, we are going to branch by Segment (Buyer, Seller, and Renter) so it can be re-used with other campaigns.
This is another Campaign, therefore you will tap on the New Template icon and select Campaign.
To get started, you first add Branch by Segment campaign step. Then follow the details below.
Then follow the steps below to fill in each step as needed.
In italics, in the right column, you will find the specific type of step used and link with additional instructions.
|Step Name||Campaign Step|
|1||Branch by Segment||Use Decision Branch by Segment|
|1.1.1||Automatically Send "Buyer 1 Simple" Email||Use Auto Send Email|
|1.1.2||Add "Call New Lead!" to Agenda||Use Add a To Do to Agenda|
|1.1.3||Wait 1 day||Use wait for a Fixed Amount of Time|
|1.1.4||Automatically Send "Buyer 2 Simple" Email||Use Auto Send Email|
|1.1.5||Add "Call New Lead!" to Agenda||Use Add a To Do to Agenda|
|1.1.6||Wait 1 day||Use wait for a Fixed Amount of Time|
|1.1.7||Automatically Send "Buyer 3 Simple" Email||Use Auto Send Email|
|1.1.8||Wait 1 day||Use wait for a Fixed Amount of Time|
|1.1.9||Automatically Send "Buyer 4 Simple" Email||Use Auto Send Email|
|1.2.1||Automatically Send "Buyer 1 Simple" Email||Use Auto Send Email|
|1.2.2||Add "Call New Lead!" to Agenda||Use Add a To Do to Agenda|
|1.2.3||Wait 1 day||Use wait for a Fixed Amount of Time|
|1.2.4||Automatically Send "Buyer 2 Simple" Email||Use Auto Send Email|
|1.2.5||Add "Call New Lead!" to Agenda||Use Add a To Do to Agenda|
|1.2.6||Wait 1 day||Use wait for a Fixed Amount of Time|
|1.2.7||Automatically Send "Buyer 3 Simple" Email||Use Auto Send Email|
|1.2.8||Wait 1 day||Use wait for a Fixed Amount of Time|
|1.2.9||Automatically Send "Buyer 4 Simple" Email||Use Auto Send Email|
|1.3.1||Automatically Send "Buyer 1 Simple" Email||Use Auto Send Email|
|1.3.2||Add "Call New Lead!" to Agenda||Use Add a To Do to Agenda|
|1.3.3||Wait 1 day||Use wait for a Fixed Amount of Time|
|1.3.4||Automatically Send "Buyer 2 Simple" Email||Use Auto Send Email|
|1.3.5||Add "Call New Lead!" to Agenda||Use Add a To Do to Agenda|
|1.3.6||Wait 1 day||Use wait for a Fixed Amount of Time|
|1.3.7||Automatically Send "Buyer 3 Simple" Email||Use Auto Send Email|
|1.3.8||Wait 1 day||Use wait for a Fixed Amount of Time|
|1.3.9||Automatically Send "Buyer 4 Simple" Email||Use Auto Send Email|
4.) Link the Round Robin Distribution Campaign to the appropriate Lead Source (or Sources)
Once you have created the Campaign, you can link it to the appropriate lead source (the lead source you set up in step 1) in Settings.
- Here are additional details on how Campaigns start and instructions on how to link a Campaign to each of the above items.
Tap on the link icon.
Select New Lead.
Scroll down the lead source list and toggle on the sources as needed. Then tap on Save.
5.) Test your Campaign
Next, we recommend that you test your campaign.
Here are step-by-step instructions on how to test your campaigns.
We also recommend reviewing these best practices to help avoid any accidental trouble.